Changes Coming to eBooks, eAudiobooks, & eMagazines
This winter, Scott County Library will transition to Libby as your one-stop shop for eBooks, eAudiobooks, and eMagazines. There will be a period of migration as we work to move our collections to OverDrive's Libby app. Stay tuned for more information.
Want to give Libby a try? We've already made a bunch of great titles available. Grab your library card and watch the video below to see how it works!
Get Help with eBooks
- CloudLibrary Support
- Libby Support
- Send us eBook questions through our Ask a Librarian Form
- If you don't know your PIN, use the Reset PIN option on our catalog page
Other eBook Options
CloudLibrary and Libby loans eventually expire, but there are other free collections of eBooks that never expire from your device.
- Reference Books Online: Looking for online encyclopedias and other high-quality learning materials? Reference Books Online has general and subject specific reference works for all ages that can be downloaded or used online. You will need your Library Card and PIN number to sign in.
- Ebooks Minnesota: An eBook collection for all Minnesotans. All of the titles are simultaneous access, meaning many readers can read them at the same time. The collection covers a wide variety of subjects for readers of all ages, and features titles from our state's independent publishers, as well as highly-regarded national and international publishers. It is hosted on a platform called BiblioBoard, which can be accessed in a browser or the BiblioBoard app (available on Android or iOS).
- Project Gutenberg: A volunteer-run site that digitizes, archives, and distributes literary works. Most of the items are historical. All of the texts are free and can be read in a browser on different devices.