Household Hazardous Waste Facility
HHW is open by appointment only- Reuse room remains closed until further notice
To schedule a drop-off appointment, please use the links below
If there are no time slots available, please check back in a few days. If you do not have an appointment, please do not wait at the HHW, we are unable to accommodate non-appointment drop-offs at this time.
If you need to reschedule or cancel an appointment, you can do this via your confirmation email.
When scheduling your appointment, a few things to note:
- Check the what we accept page to ensure we accept what you are hoping to dispose of.
- Cash and exact change is required for any transaction.
- Please make sure to answer all the appointment scheduling questions completely. Incomplete information could result in a cancellation of your appointment.
When arriving at your appointment time:
- Please arrive on time for your appointment.
- When you arrive, please wait at the gate for staff to come out and let you in.
- Staff is not allowed to help you unload, so make sure to bring help if needed.
Please use the Scott County Waste Navigator or this list of local disposal locations to locate other waste disposal facilities. Dem-Con, Buckingham, and Lloyd’s also accept electronics and appliances for a fee. Please check their websites for costs associated with disposal.
Scott County HHW is open to residents of Anoka, Carver, Dakota, Hennepin, LeSueur, Ramsey, Scott, Sibley, and Washington Counties
* Scott County accepts business hazardous waste by appointment only Please use the business calendar to schedule.
For closure updates and notifications sent to your email or phone, visit the Notify Me page to learn how to sign up.
- When you arrive at the HHW Facility to drop off any items or materials, follow the instructions on the signs (stay to the right, and pull under the overhang to drop-off your materials).
- Please remain inside your vehicle until you are the first car in line, and waiting at the stop sign.
- You may then get out of your car, and a technician will come out with a cart and be ready to assist you. Remember to bring help if you have heavy items to drop off.
Weather Related Closures
The HHW Facility will likely close without advance notice in the event of bad or dangerous weather (for example, if the National Weather Service issues a Blizzard Warning, Winter Storm Warning, Wind Chill Warning, etc). Should that occur, the HHW Facility will then reopen for the next scheduled operational day (see Collection Schedule).