Ordination or Ministerial Credentials

Status Update - 06/14/2021

Scott County Customer Service is now accepting appointments for driver’s license and identification card transactions only. This includes renewals, duplicates for address changes, lost or stolen licenses, upgrades to Real or Enhanced DL/IDs. Please allow ample time for setting an appointment as we will need to ask some health screening questions, go through the types of licenses, and review what documents you will need before scheduling an appointment. Upgrades to Real ID or Enhanced ID do require additional documentation.

All other services such as tabs, title transfers, disability certificates, duplicate titles, and other deputy registrar services will be offered through the drop boxes, mail or standby list. Please ensure that all transactions left in the drop boxes have a phone number enclosed. Requests will be processed on a first in first out basis and returned via mail.

Questions? Call or reach out to us via email at customerservicevm@co.scott.mn.us. We have staff ready and available to answer your questions as well as to make appointments from 8 AM – 4:30 PM, Monday – Friday.

For an ordained person (both Minnesota residents and non-residents) to be authorized to perform marriage ceremonies in Minnesota, the person must be at least 21 years old and must file their "credentials of license or ordination" with a Minnesota county. Once this is done, marriages may be performed anywhere in the State of Minnesota.

Application Process

There are two ways you can file your Ministerial Credentials or Ordination Papers:

Option 1: File using the Drop Box

Collect your original ministerial credentials or ordination papers, and drop off in our drop box


Option 2: File by mail

Please mail a copy of your original Ministerial Credentials or Ordination Papers to:

Scott County Government Center
Attn: Customer Service
200 Fourth Avenue West
Shakopee, MN 55379

Option 3: File in person

Use our standby list to complete in person

Remember to Bring

A copy of your original Ministerial Credentials or Ordination Papers
Your identification.


There is no cost for filing in Scott County.

Additional information

You will have to indicate what county you have your credentials registered in on the certificate of each marriage you perform.