Status Update – 03/22/2022
We have moved to our permanent location in the Government Center East building. Customer Service is located on the first floor and for those of you that have previously visited us before, we are moving back to the same spot we were once at. Entrance doors are located on Atwood Street and 4th Avenue.
We will continue with our hybrid customer service model, which includes appointments, walk-in service and drop box availability.
All driver’s license and identification card transactions are required to prebook an appointment for service before coming to the government center. Driver's licenses, ID cards and instruction permits can be renewed, replaced, updated, upgraded and first-time applications submitted at our location.
Walk-in service is available for other transactions such as tabs, title transfers, disability certificates, duplicate titles, marriage license applications, birth/death/marriage certificates and additional deputy registrar services. Please note walk-in service is on a first come first served basis and service is not guaranteed. When we have reached our capacity, you will be asked to wait outside the Service Center lobby until space is available.
The drop box is in the circular drive on Atwood St between 4th and 5th Avenues. Please ensure all of your transactions has a phone number on them. Your request will be processed in the order it was received and returned via mail.
Thank you for your patience during our transition and we look forward to seeing you again.
Print the Auctioneer License Application (PDF) and complete it.
Fill out application and drop it off or mail it with other required forms (see below)
Remember to send
- The printed completed application.
- Bond in the amount of $1000 - $3000.
- Proof of workers' compensation insurance or affidavit of sole proprietorship.
- Certified copy of the applicants auctioneer license, if issued by resident state.
- Certified copy of the state auction laws as exist in the resident state by the Secretary of State or other authorized state official of such state. The certification must state that the submitted copy is a true copy of the auction laws of such state, as they exist at the date of application.
- Irrevocable consent form.
- Copy of driver's license.
The fee is $20.
You can pay with cash, check (payable to Scott County) or credit card. If you pay with a credit card you will be paying a 2.45% convenience fee.