COVID-19 Update 4/8/2020 3:30 pm
Until further notice all highway permits will be conducted electronically through our e-Permitting Site.
A drop box has been placed outside the Public Works building for drop offs and deliveries that is checked daily.
*For questions concerning permits please contact Curt Anderson at 952-496-8487 or Kim Cave at 952-496-8029.
*For all other questions please call 952-496-8346 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*For more information on Scott County’s response to COVID-19 click here.
We recommend frequently checking this page for updates.
The objective is accomplished through a permit process that controls installation of utilities and other physical changes within County rights-of-way and a transportation permit system that regulates oversized loads.
Prior to obtaining an approved utility permit, the applicant and contractor must be registered with the County. Please allow 24 hours for moving permit processing and up to two weeks for all other permits to be processed.
- Register For A Permit
- Submit A Permit
- Do I Need A Driveway Permit?
- Permit Resources and Specifications
- Permit Type Definitions
You must submit a Registration Form online HERE with Scott County Transportation Services prior to applying for a permit.
A Registration Form can be submitted at the same time as an application.
This registration is required annually. A $30.00 fee is due upon registration.
Even if you have previously registered, you will need fill out a new registration form in order to submit your current Certificate of Insurance (COI). We will no longer accept a COI that is faxed, emailed or mailed to us.
Scott County’s Ordinance No. 22, Management of the Public Right of Way requires:
ePermitting will replace the paper applications currently being submitted. The ePermitting application provides more efficient, accurate processing and management of utility and transportation/moving permit applications for both Scott County and the users.
The ePermitting application site is an electronic based permit in which an applicant submits a permit application through an online website.
You are required to possess a user account to submit a permit. Setting up a new user account is free. You must possess a valid email address to create a user account. It is recommended that you create one user account for your agency.
- Excavating/Grading Permit
You will need a driveway permit:
These permits are for County Roads ONLY. Separate permits may be required for local and state roadways. All Right of Way permits are subject to double fees for unauthorized work.
Permits are accepted via ePermitting only.
- A is required for all new or reconstructed residential driveways or field approaches, or when driveway use is changing. An example would be: if a lot is split and an additional residence will now use the same access.
- A is required for all new or reconstructed commercial or street accesses, or if the land use is being changed for an existing access.
- An is required for any construction being performed within the County Right-of-Way. Typical work covered under a Utility Permit would be a public or private facility/utility being installed, maintained, repaired, relocated, or removed in the County Right-of-Way. Utility Permits are valid for up to 1 mile of work/ installation. An additional fee of $75.00 is required for each additional mile of work/ installation.
- An is required for any construction being performed within the County Right-of-Way. Typical work covered under an Excavating/ Grading Permit would be cut or fill, grading, ditch cleaning, or sub-surface exploration in County Right-of-Way.
- An is required for any obstructions affecting the traveling public on the County Road Systems during any construction being performed within the County Right-of-Way. Usually this applies to lane closures.
- A is required for any landscaping in the County Right-of-Way.
- An may be used for all moves on County Roads within the following dimensions. All moves exceeding these dimensions require a separate moving permit.
- Maximum Dimensions:
- Width: 14.5 feet
- Width: 14 feet
- Length: 95 feet