Duplicate Plates (Standard)
Status Update – 03/22/2022
We have moved to our permanent location in the Government Center East building. Customer Service is located on the first floor and for those of you that have previously visited us before, we are moving back to the same spot we were once at. Entrance doors are located on Atwood Street and 4th Avenue.
We will continue with our hybrid customer service model, which includes appointments, walk-in service and drop box availability.
All driver’s license and identification card transactions are required to prebook an appointment for service before coming to the government center. Driver's licenses, ID cards and instruction permits can be renewed, replaced, updated, upgraded and first-time applications submitted at our location.
Walk-in service is available for other transactions such as tabs, title transfers, disability certificates, duplicate titles, marriage license applications, birth/death/marriage certificates and additional deputy registrar services. Please note walk-in service is on a first come first served basis and service is not guaranteed. When we have reached our capacity, you will be asked to wait outside the Service Center lobby until space is available. Our walk-in service line closes at 3:30.
The drop box is in the circular drive on Atwood St between 4th and 5th Avenues. Please ensure all of your transactions has a phone number on them. Your request will be processed in the order it was received and returned via mail.
Thank you for your patience during our transition and we look forward to seeing you again.
You will need to:
• Fill out the Duplicate Plate Application
• Check our Duplicate Plate Application Guide to ensure all necessary fields are completed
• Put Duplicate Plate Application in an envelope
• Call us at (952) 496-8432 for total amount
• Place in the drop box, mail, or email
• Use our standby list to complete in person
• It will be processed in 1-5 business days
• We will mail your plates to you after processing
• Check or Money Order
• Make it out to Scott County
• Include your driver’s license number and phone number on the check
• Credit/Debit Card by Phone (Visa, Mastercard, Discover)
• Leave call back phone number in envelope / email (we will call you for your credit card number)
• Card must be in registered owner’s name
• Additional 2.49% service fee is applied at time of sale