My driver’s license is expiring, is there an extension to renew?
Can I renew my standard driver’s license or ID card online?
Appointments for Minnesota Driver’s Licenses and ID cards
Are you ready to make an appointment? Click here to schedule a Drivers License Appointments
New or returning resident to Minnesota
A standard driver’s license or ID is acceptable for domestic air travel until October 1st, 2021.
Apply in person
Renew your drivers license or state ID at the Shakopee Customer Service Center
Click here to schedule Drivers License Appointments
Remember to bring
- Your Social Security number if you have one
- If you are under 18, a parent or guardian with proper identification must be present
- If your name has changed since your last renewal, bring a certified copy of:
- Marriage certificate
- Divorce or dissolution decree
- Certified court order specifying a name change
Cost varies for class and any endorsements you might have
You can pay with cash, check (payable to Scott County) or credit card. If you pay with a credit card you will be paying a 2.45% convenience fee.