eBooks & More
Welcome to the Twin Cities Metro eLibrary on Libby!
Scott County Library has united with other area libraries on OverDrive's Libby app to bring you the Twin Cities Metro eLibrary. The eLibrary combines eBooks, eAudiobooks, and eMagazines from 8 library systems so readers across the region can access more items than ever before, with shorter wait times. Scott County readers can access the entire collection on Libby with their SCL library card and PIN, no new account required.
CloudLibrary access ended on 2/22/2021. Checkouts, borrowing history, and holds did not migrate to Libby. For more information about this change, read our Frequently Asked Questions.
How to Use Libby
Learn how to use Libby: Read the Getting Started with Libby Guide
Get the App: Download Libby from your app store and search for "Scott County Library" (listed under "MELSA: Twin Cities Metro eLibrary"). Sign in with your library card and PIN.
- Android Phones & Tablets: Libby on Google Play
- Apple iPhones & iPads: Libby on iOS
- Kindle Paperwhites: You can send Libby items to your Kindle by signing into your Amazon account. Read Libby's Kindle FAQs for more information.
- Kindle Fires & Other Devices: If your device is not compatible with Libby, use the OverDrive app instead. You will see the same collection, but from a different app.
- In a web browser: Visit libbyapp.com or melsa.overdrive.com to read in a browser
- You may borrow up to 15 digital items at a time. Each item may be checked out for 21 days.
- You may put up to 15 digital items on hold.
- Items with holds cannot be renewed. Instead, you may place a hold to borrow the item again.